Resolving any Complaints

We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service The Legal Partners have provided then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.

If you feel that we have failed to achieve an acceptable standard of service we want you to tell us. We regard it as an opportunity to monitor and improve our quality of service. We will investigate your concerns objectively and try to generate a positive and speedy solution.

If you have a complaint you should address it to Richard Mullett who will discuss your concerns and try and resolve it with you within 14 days. We will acknowledge any complaint you make within 2- 3 working days.

If the matter is complex and it takes longer to deal with your complaint, we will contact you within those 14 days to give you an approximate timescale of when you can expect a response. If we believe it would be helpful, we may suggest a meeting or phone call to try and resolve your complaint.

If you would like to make a formal complaint, then you can follow this process above. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.

An alternative is to apply to the Court for an assessment of our charges under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974.

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

You can raise your concerns with The Solicitors Regulation Authority at their website,

What do to if we cannot resolve your complaint

The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.

Contact details

Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

The LeO website includes a useful sample letter and information about complaints.

In addition to the LeO, several other complaints bodies exist which are also able to deal with complaints about legal services – these are: Ombudsman Services, ProMediate, Small Claims Mediation (for claims in the County Court) and the European Online Dispute Resolution platform.

Information about these alternatives can be found at: